Friday, November 19, 2010

Today is a good day.

As we are now on the countdown to my favorite holiday,  I have decided to post each day the things for which I am thankful!  No certain number, just what I am thankful for each day. 

I light of my recent post,  I am thankful for my husband.  He is my superhero.  By the standards of today's culture, he may not be the most G.Q., make the most money, be the most popular in a room, or even the most intelligent, but he is my man.  I have written about him before on this post.   I love the way we are commited to each other- even when the road we are on is wayyyyyy off road (pun very much intended)!

As I type this post, my yard is full of children all playing together in the awesome autumn like weather.  The ages range from 12 down to 4 and did I mention they were all playing together??  As a mother of 4 there are often days that I long for a day when all is a peace.  Well, right now I have 7 (or 8, maybe 9)  kids in my yard and there is peace.  There is also thankfulness.

Today, I am also thankful for a clear schedule.  Other than my kids doing school today, we have nothing pressing to do.  I was in my jammies until 3pm and will likely return to them shortly (I did get up and take a shower).  On days like this, I live for comfort.  I am thankful for comfort as well.  I think that's a biggie that we all take for granted daily.

Since I started thinking of what to be thankful for, I have come up with about 1000 things, but I will save them for another day.    Who knows- tomorrow I may feel a little less than thankful and in need of lots of reminders. 

But for today, I am thankful that today is a good day.


1 comment:

  1. You DO have a lot to be thankful for. And I am thankful for finding a good friend in YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! Hope to visit you next!