Monday, November 1, 2010

(Part of our) Fall Fun

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of adventures for us!!  We have had more fun than we can express, been reminded of how blessed we truly are, and of course are exhausted (but in the very best way!).  I want to share on this post, however, about the latter of the last 2 weeks- this past weekend. 

I shared in the Spring about our familiy at the Spring Steeplechase.  This past weekend was the even better, less formal, Fall Steeplechase!  I prefer the Fall because it is much less crowded and we can just let the kids run, relax and have a good time!

Our weekend began with the Friday night Gala.  We went with our friends who you will recognize from the Spring, and also with some wonderful friends from N.C.  We had a great time laughing and dancing.  Here are the beautiful ladies from the evening:


On Saturday, the weekend festivites continued at the track (after T's early a.m. football game). We enjoyed good food, music, college football on the t.v., great friends (and family), and of course- horses!!

(um, yeah. Don't ask)

There is another picture I want you to see of a friend of mine that I am getting to know better and better all the time!  She is in my Sunday school class, we chat at the pool in the summer, we have boys the same age, and our hubby's are friends too.  However, the thing that seems to be bringing us closer???  Blogging!!   She is a wonderful lady with a heart of gold and I just fill with joy everytime I see her!  Please meet Bevy, author of It's A Golden Day!!


Check out her blog soon.  She is a much better writer than I, and shares lots of fun and interesting things from her life, family, and her faith.

I was also able to spend some time with Monica from Monica's World, who I have mentioned here before, but I didn't get a picture with her :(  Still, she is an amazing woman with an incredible (addictive) blog. Check her out too!!

As for me, I am going to round up the kiddos to get their school work going. Again.  I will be sharing about our other road trip soon.  That is when I get the camera. I seemed to have left it behind.  No applause needed. 




*The pictures on this post were not my original photos.  I want to thank my friends for letting me (ahem) borrow them to share*

2 comments:

  1. You make me giggle! And I STILL can't believe we did that pyramid thing. We rock! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure looks like you've had quite an amazing fall...you look lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! Hope to visit you next!