Saturday, November 7, 2009

love

What comes to your mind when you think of LOVE?? I have often had this question come to my mind at odd times, but lately it has come up frequently. There are so many different kinds of love, but all of them have one thing in common- love is an action. Not a noun, but a verb. I cannot think of one time when love is supposed to be a noun, a "thing". Love in its true sense is an action that one must choose to give, show, or even receive. If there is one thing I know about this verb love- it does take work- and sometimes a lot of it.


Most recently, I have been in awe of the love I receive from my hubby. Big Daddy makes it so easy for me to love him. Regardless of what I do or say, regardless of how I act, he still loves me. Not because I am so stinking lovable- usually quite the opposite. He loves me simply because he wakes up everyday and chooses to just love ME. There are days when I make it really hard on him I know, but does what it takes to weather the storm and love me through it. When I think of it like that, I cannot help but to pour my love out on him.

We have loving relationships with our children, extended family, and friends. All require us to work lovingly at the relationships to keep them going strong. Why do we work at these relationships? Because we love them- actively and willingly.

When I thought about the love from my hubby, it automatically made me think of the love from the Lord. There is nothing I can do to make Him love me more or (thankfully) less. He loves me simply because I am His. When I woke this morning, I was overwhelmed with thankfulness. I had my health, my 5 senses, my husband at my side, and my children loving being cared for by grandparents. I am blessed. Everything else (our home, cars, job, material things) is just icing on the cake. By worldly standards we are not "rich", but by my heavenly Father's standards, I am more than rich. I cannot fathom going through life without His love or the promises he gives us as His children. His love NEVER fails (like mine will), and His mercies are new EVERY day (mine aren't always).

When I sit here thinking about love, and all that it entails, I am ever so thankful for those I have in my life that think I am somehow worth the work that keep my relationships alive and well. I am even more overwhelmed with thankfulness to my Father for loving me even though I am just (unworthy) ME, simply because I am HIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment! Hope to visit you next!