Monday, April 26, 2010

Village Idiot

Who does this award go to today?  (well, actually last night)  ME!!  Yep, I am the one who wears the title, and I have the "blue slip" to prove it.   Last night on the way home from church,  I had the pleasure of riding home beside a police man.  My thoughts searched for the last time I had gotten a ticket- it really has been awhile.

So, while riding down the road, I enjoyed an apple and the sounds of my girls singing to TobyMac.  As we approached an intersection, I looked up to see the light, but my visor was down and blocked me from seeing what color was shining.  By the time I saw it, it was yellow- only for .000000001 of a second.  Well, at that point I was in trouble.  You see, if I had slammed on brakes, I still would have wound up in the middle of the intersection.  So, yes, I ran the light.  In case you forgot- there was a policeman  RIGHT BESIDE ME.

I proceed to just pull into the next available parking lot and wait.  Sure enough, I looked back to see Mr. Po-po turn on the bright flashing lights.  By the time he pulled in behind me and came to my window, I already had all required paper work ready and hanging out for him to take.  He looked at me a little puzzled.  "I knew it the second it happened"  were my words.  

He proceeded back to his car and came back rather quickly.  He handed me a WARNING, asked me to pay more attention, and bid me a wonderful evening.  At that point, I was the one with the puzzled look.  He said he knew what happened, but couldn't let everyone else see him overlook the offense.   

Wow.  I was quite thankful at that moment.  I gave him the opportunity to sock it to me, but he choose to be fair and kind.  Now, if only my hubby would get over it.  He always gets a ticket- fair or not.  It drives him insane that I only got a warning.

Still, only the village idiot would run a red light with a policeman RIGHT BESIDE HER. geesh.


2 comments:

  1. Au contraire mon frere. Same thing happened to me once. I, too, was let off with just a warning. I couldn't get over how fast my heart was pumping though. Not often I have a run in with the law ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog ;)
    Okay, so why is it that anytime there's a police officer in the vicinity of our vehicles we all turn into idiot drivers?!! You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! Hope to visit you next!