Tuesday, September 29, 2009

and then there was peace

This school year has really turned out to be wonderful-I really mean that too!! At the end of last year when the kids were fighting after school and we were busy with all other activities I knew something had to give. While the summer was a little better (and I use the word "better" loosely), it still wasn't peaceful. Over the summer I began to hear the voice in my head telling me that my kids needed to be at home, where I could train them on issues of kindness, gentleness, and self-control. I mean how much training could we actually do when they were in school 7 hours a day and then still had homework and activities in the evenings?? Of course as the voice became more frequent and louder I knew it was not my "voice", but the Lord. He knew just what this family needed, and He was setting the ground work. After prayer (lots of prayer), we decided that the kiddos would indeed be at home.

We started school late August, and not one time since have I even considered that we made a mistake. Even on the roughest of days, I am thankful for the blessing of having them here. Of course it helps that our school starts at 9am instead of 7:30!! We are not morning glories around here! It is midnight as I write this post and I just got done cleaning the kitchen, 2 loads of laundry and dusting the living room!!

Last week my little one even threw a wrench in the mix by refusing to return to pre-school. She had been going 3 mornings a week to give me time to really get some work done with my 2 oldest ones. (To be honest, I was questioning whether or not she was enjoying it) So now I manage to get it all done with my 3 year old in toe as well- and still loving it!!!

I love that the Lord brought us to this, and is seeing us through it as well. There is just unspeakable joy when you know without a doubt that the Lord is in control. No worry, no fear.

Luke 1:45 "Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her
will be accomplished"

Isaiah 30:18 "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you: He rises to show you
compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all
who wait on Him"

Now in our home, there is peace. There is joy. There is a happy mama-and that usually translates into a happy home. We are so blessed, and I am forever thankful for it.

1 comment:

  1. It is so wonderful to read your thoughts and to know there are others on the same journey. Loved hearing how God led you and how He's blessing you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! Hope to visit you next!