Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas

Well, Christmas 2009 has come and gone- way too quick if you ask me. Although it has been extremely busy, we have had the most wonderful time! We were able to spend Christmas Eve with my in-laws. It was a whole day of playing and grazing- very laid back and relaxing. That night we came home and my MIL and FIL came to spend the night with us. Christmas morning started about 8:30 a.m. My kiddos tried to start at 6:30, but I told them I would return their gifts if they didn't go back to sleep. (I know, I know I am a wonderful mother- I hear it all the time. hehe) Around lunch, the in-laws left to see the other grandkids and we got things together to head to my parents. The day was so enjoyable!! An awesome steak and seafood dinner, a wonderful story from Paw Paw before presents, and 8 kids all playing with their new toys the rest of the day into the evening. Ahhhhh- life is good. I just really wished it lasted a little longer.


I have already taken down everything Christmas- not because I am a scrooge, but I want to start a new school year with a clean house and most things caught up- not behind. Hubby has been at the hunt club since Saturday morning. The kiddos have all had playdates and spend the night friends (as I speak I have 2 extra boys sleeping down the hall), and all is well. I really hope to get the energy to paint the kitchen tomorrow (or the next day). It really needs to be done.


I hope to get some pics of Christmas posted soon- until then, I hope everyone has a super New Year planned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment! Hope to visit you next!