Monday, February 15, 2010

my valentine

Yesterday was a special day in our house. Sure, it was Valentine's Day- special for so many "love birds", but for me and Big Daddy, it marks the 18th anniversary of our very first date. Yep, February 14, 1992. I was a senior in high school and he was a freshman in college. My best friend was dating his best friend, so they arranged for us all to get together. Our best friends didn't work out, but we have been together ever since. 18 years- WOW. We were married on August 9, 1997 (my parents anniversary). It doesn't feel like that much time has passed, but when I think about how much has happened in those years and how far we've come- its really breathtaking. I don't think Big Daddy knew then how crazy his life would be. He sure does have his hands full with all of us, but we try like crazy to love on him and show him everyday how thankful we are of him. He is an amazing man, friend, husband, father, and leader. We are abundantly blessed. I look forward to getting to celebrate 13 years of marriage in August and count even more blessings then!

So to my Valentine- I love you Big Daddy!!



1 comment:

Thank you for taking your time to comment! Hope to visit you next!